Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week 7

This week we took a midterm test over all the material we learned this semster. To prepare for the test I went to class Wednesday, where we reviewed the material that would appear on the test. During the review session, I tried to take notes on the different topics. After class Wednesday I waited til Thursday night to study more. While in the zone Thursday night, I wrote down answers to all the questions on the review sheet. I also read the article and Kodaly selection. Last thing I did to prepare was, on Friday morning, review all the material I had wrote down, this way I was refreshed and ready to go.
The only thing that was difficult about studying for the test was the added article and some of the material about teaching that I felt we didn't really learn in class. The whole music aspect was easy for me since I already knew it. Overall my stragety to get ready for the test was to prepare the material on the sheet and take the test.
So far this semster, the main thing I have learned was how to create and teach a lesson plan. I didn't know how to form a lesson plan or the sequence you need to fill out. Adding to the lesson plan I also learned how to teach something through music. We learned how to incorporate music into teaching. Another thing I learned this semster was various songs to teach to students, like Tideo. For all the musical concepts I already knew them, it was a refresher. The semster so far has had its ups and downs at first I thought I would learn nothing since I knew music and recorder, but to my suprise I have learned some very valuable lessons about teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment